New guy in Cal, AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

'79 Lemans

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2016
Happy to get back into a G-Body soon. Picking up a '79 Lemans to replace my HS car, now parts car.

Attachments

• Random Pics 220.jpg
    Random Pics 220.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 127
  • Random Pics 059.jpg
    Random Pics 059.jpg
    757.5 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
You sure about pulling the chrome? It makes it look sharp and crisp. Really brings out the body lines. Oh well, to each his own. Hang onto it though. People want that stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Welcome back to the G body family from right here in Calgary too.
Love to hear your plans for the car. And more pictures. We all love pictures here.
:)
Donovan

'79 Lemans

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2016
30872_393790606285_3577513_n.jpg
It's going to have to be a slow process, as I have to get my current project back to running on the stock engine. I'll be pulling the BBC out, going to a single carb and using it in the new car.
I've been looking at ridetech coil over level 2 kit. Probably just a good th350 for now, pulling the diff and a few other parts from my old car as I had 3:73's and a BBC in it, so a lot of the chassis and exhaust will make the move. Of course big brakes and what not. Short term is to get it back on the street, make it stop and go quickly. Long term looking to do a mild pro touring car. Would like to be able to just jump in it and go for a drive to SoCal if I wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor