New guy in TX saying hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
Just wanted to say hello. New member from the dfw area. I came across the forum while looking for some answers and decided to join. TONS of great info here. I'm sure I'll be doing more reading than posting at first. Soon I will make my purchase. Looking at either a Malibu or SS monte. I had a 78 Monte in high school and miss it so I figure it's time to get a project. When I decide pics will follow. Let me thank everyone in advance for all the great info.

Skitter302

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2014
USA, WA
Welcome!

Can't wait to see which car you pick :)

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
Well I went with the Malibu. I looked at several and this was the cleanest one I found within my budget. Everything was complete with the exception of the dome lens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 320

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
YoungGuy said:
Thats a nice malibu, very clean. Where are you at in dfw?

Thanks! I must have looked at 20 cars in dfw before finding this one. The only negatives are the wheels and no factory air :( I'm on the East side of Dallas.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Beautiful ride! I love more fellow Bu owners. Welcome!

85Gold-Heart

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2014
Ft.Stewart, Ga
bent1973 said:
YoungGuy said:

Thanks! I must have looked at 20 cars in dfw before finding this one. The only negatives are the wheels and no factory air :( I'm on the East side of Dallas.

Okay cool. Sometimes it takes time to find what you want though. But whats wrong with the wheels? A/C can be taken care look on craigslist for a g body being parted out by someone, then you will be cool again lol I was at the gun show in mesquite late july theres a business out there that deals with auto a/c. I can not remember there name though.

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
YoungGuy said:
bent1973 said:
YoungGuy said:

Okay cool. Sometimes it takes time to find what you want though. But whats wrong with the wheels? A/C can be taken care look on craigslist for a g body being parted out by someone, then you will be cool again lol I was at the gun show in mesquite late july theres a business out there that deals with auto a/c. I can not remember there name though.

I've started gathering parts, have the control and the vacuum and wire harness. This Malibu came with heat/defrost only. Built in the Baltimore plant from my research. I've looked into vintage air and another aftermarket but can't bring myself to alter this dash, it'd be almost criminal.

I usually frequent the Mesquite show at the Rodeo center but I prefer Big Town now that it has started back up.

The wheels are not really my style. The previous owner picked them out. Fronts are 16's and rears are 255/55/17's Billet specialties Launch, I went with rallys and am about to sell the Billets on CL or Ebay and find something I like better or but it toward the trans build and blazer brake upgrade. What area are you in?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 259
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor