New Guy LS swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Funny how some guys sit on these forums, but then b*tch about helping people out. Sorry, but most of us don’t have hours and hours to search through years of threads pages and pages long to find out not that much. The whole point of the forums is to share and help, so do that or don’t post a reply, would make everyone’s life a lot easier.

It is not our responsibility to make your life easier. This a complicated undertaking that requires massive amounts of research and dedication. 9 times out of 10 people show up demanding an information hand-out, rather than validation of their findings or effort to date; of that remaining 10% we will see 1 of 10 willing to be open minded enough to adapt to the advice/direction given. That's why 99% of people who ask the subject line question get sh*t on as time wasters.

And if you did take the time to read all that is available you'd see just how far this forum is willing to go for that 1% who make the effort and contribute in painstaking detail to this forum.

This isn't the Facebook land of fire-and-forget.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
It is not our responsibility to make your life easier. This a complicated undertaking that requires massive amounts of research and dedication. 9 times out of 10 people show up demanding an information hand-out, rather than validation of their findings or effort to date; of that remaining 10% we will see 1 of 10 willing to be open minded enough to adapt to the advice/direction given. That's why 99% of people who ask the subject line question get sh*t on as time wasters.

And if you did take the time to read all that is available you'd see just how far this forum is willing to go for that 1% who make the effort and contribute in painstaking detail to this forum.

This isn't the Facebook land of fire-and-forget.
Then get off the thread if you don’t want to help out!

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Thanks alot I appreciate the help. And you're absolutely right about people replying negatively on the forum. I joined this for advice and appreciate the input I do receive. Will I need to do anything with the fuel tank and driveshaft with this swap?

yup, you’ll need a custom length driveshaft once you get everything in and decide on trans and rear. $300-400, I got my last one from Strange Engineerlng and was very happy with the quality. Unfortunately local guys want just as much to cut up and old used one...
As far as fuel tank, I got the new generation Aeromotive Stealth tank and it’s really nice. Less then $600 shipped from Summit, brand new, powder coated, 340lph pump, sending unit and all, fully assembled. If your going natural aspirated they make a cheaper one with less volume, I got the bigger pump cause of the turbo.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Because many of us enjoy the process of planning and executing a build. There's a certain pride in saying "I built that"....rather than "I bought that".
Agreed, but I haven't seen too many of "us" as new members lately. Reckless Regal comes to mind, and that's about it as far as new LS swaps go.
I'd rather attempt something 10 or 15 times than come out and ask right off the bat.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 users

BoogieDown 78 cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2019
yup, you’ll need a custom length driveshaft once you get everything in and decide on trans and rear. $300-400, I got my last one from Strange Engineerlng and was very happy with the quality. Unfortunately local guys want just as much to cut up and old used one...
As far as fuel tank, I got the new generation Aeromotive Stealth tank and it’s really nice. Less then $600 shipped from Summit, brand new, powder coated, 340lph pump, sending unit and all, fully assembled. If your going natural aspirated they make a cheaper one with less volume, I got the bigger pump cause of the turbo.
Thanks appreciate the help and advice and not acting as if helping is above you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor