New guy old GM lover.

ed56

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2024
Hi been a GM man since my 69 GTO to many cars since to list them own a 90 Buick regal custom g body now 71000 miles on it. Runs like new.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Just to let you know our Gbody platform is rear wheel drive and is for the years 78'-88' so our Gbody stuff doesn't fit your car.

ed56

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2024
Just to let you know our Gbody platform is rear wheel drive and is for the years 78'-88' so our Gbody stuff doesn't fit your car.
Hoping for a miracle need a windshield for my 90 and they have beeen dicontinued hoping an earlier g body would fit.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Hoping for a miracle need a windshield for my 90 and they have beeen dicontinued hoping an earlier g body would fit.
After 88' I believe our windshields were used in trucks only

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I just got a windshield installed in my '80 Cutlass a year ago, brand new. Try calling other glass companies, your car is 10 years newer, someone must have a new windshield for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
Did you contact safelite? I just did quick quote request on their website and it didn't come back with any issue that glass isn't available?

1719789832660.png

ed56

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2024
Did you contact safelite? I just did quick quote request on their website and it didn't come back with any issue that glass isn't available?

View attachment 241576
Safelite was my first call they came out and the glass they could get was for the A body did not fit. They took it back and called me to say the windshield had been discontinued and they were unable to get one. I have called 4 other companies here in Massachsetts and no one can get a glass using the vin number on the car. At GM they called it a g body model. It is the custom presidential regal coupe yes FWD but the basic body except for grill and tail lights looks like the pre 88 models the A body is more aerodynamic and a larger windshield. I also called 2 GM dealerships and they were no help.

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
Safelite was my first call they came out and the glass they could get was for the A body did not fit. They took it back and called me to say the windshield had been discontinued and they were unable to get one. I have called 4 other companies here in Massachsetts and no one can get a glass using the vin number on the car. At GM they called it a g body model. It is the custom presidential regal coupe yes FWD but the basic body except for grill and tail lights looks like the pre 88 models the A body is more aerodynamic and a larger windshield. I also called 2 GM dealerships and they were no help.
You're OP said 1990, I'm assuming at this point you made a typo then and we're not talking about a 1990 W Body Regal?

I'm confused by all your references to different platforms, and years. Maybe you could post a picture(s) of the car itself, or at least the VIN# and some of us here might be able to help you out with some web searches if you're not comfortable with using the internet/online resources. Sometimes you have to do a good deal of online research when trying to find something specific, but from the info you've provided I'd be hard pressed to think there isn't a new replacement, or used one out there somewhere.

HTH.

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I found this looking for a 1990 Buick Regal Custom.

Screenshot_20240630-201229.png

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor