New guy with a lost and found

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Welcome to the forum from NC!

Love the car and back story. My hat is off to you for wanting it to go back to the ex, but am rooting for the car to stay with you! Worse case scenario, let her know that if you ever want to get rid of it, she'll get first refusal. Looking forward to following the story!

CharlzO2k

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2018
Upstate NY
Just to update this saga, I hadn't heard back from any e-mail that I had sent, so I sent one more message to the hubby's fb (he had messaged me way back when the last time, so I still had it, and he strangely hadn't blocked me? lol). Anyway, he had replied back when I sent it but judging by how he copy/pasted it to me, he just sent the copy to her and not to me? Whatever.

Long story short, she won't be getting the car back. Her words were something akin to 'while I would love to have it back, I don't trust you'. I replied that I understood, just felt that it was the right thing to do to offer, but will respect that, and will move forward on my own in regards to it. A little disappointing, but was always a possibility. So the feel-good story, will basically just me feeling good for having tried, and feeling good for rescuing a rust-free car from doom.

Reactions: 1 user

CharlzO2k

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2018
Upstate NY
Title was in her name way back when, doubtful she still has it, but by the way she was talking, she wants the door closed on anything to do with it so getting her to apply for a lost title is probably a lost hope. Been down this road before with another car, so will just have to go through that process and deal with that. I think she just figures that I wouldn't be offering the car back free and clear, and that she just doesn't trust that I don't have ulterior motives for the offer. Just means a more permanent addition to the driveway for me :)

And just to add, I'm quite happy to keep it, I was hoping to in all honesty. Hoped it would've been a little better reception or whatever, but is what it is, I can't change how other people feel or think, gave up trying that a long time ago - hence why she's an ex lol. Neither here nor there, now I have a Cutlass to keep!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool story. Thanks for saving that car from a bad ending.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
So out of curiosity, what's the law in NY when you don't have a physical title on a car? Just a notarized letter from last known owner relinquishing claim to the vehicle?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Simplest way might be to file a mechanic's lien for storage.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Read a couple interesting NY Laws, he might be best served with your route, Driven..

-Gonz

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I agree with Driven. I did that when I had my shops. As to contacting the ex... Always better to take the high rode, which it appears you did.
Now...enjoy the ride

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor