New guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien502

n00b
Jun 8, 2008
Louisville
Just wanted to say hi to everybody. Been looking for a while, figured I'd join up. I don't own a g body at the moment, but looking for another. I just got rid of my baby. It was an 84 regal. Had a built 327, built 700r4, 3:73 rear end, 17 inch wheels, springs, urethane bushings, and a few more. Never did get it looking as nice as I wanted, but it ran like he!!. I've also had an 83 and 85 cutlass. Anyway, hello everybody.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Welcome. Looks like something with a 502 might be the next plan. Did you ever make a test & tune pass with the 327 and what kind of mileage did it get?

alien502

n00b
Jun 8, 2008
Louisville
I did make a few passes in the 8th mile. It usually ran about an 8.8, I couldn't get it to stop spinning first and second gear. Still had an open rear, and no slicks. Could've been alot better. From ligh to light on the street, it was mean. It usually got around 15-20 mpg. Overdrive helped alot.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Yea for a performance street car I have become a big fan of the overdrive transmission and for gas mileage & nice driveability the lock up converter and the q-jet. The 700-r4 has a killer low first gear which really helps getting the bigger gbody get moveing with a smaller motor. Not acclamated to the 8th what would normally turn into in the 1/4. Would that be like a mid 14 at about 95mph in the 1/4 maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor