New guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

79T-top

Apprentice
Oct 5, 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Just bought a 1979 Monte Carlo T-Top 305 4-barrel steering package all original EXCEPT for the transmission and T-Top glass.

The transmission went out, it was swapped out for a turbo 350

rear frame section is rotted out, floor board right below the driver side seat has a rust hole the size of a dollar bill, the driver side rear quarter has a dime size rust hole, clear coat on the trunk is pretty much gone, the trunk key hole is all messed up from some stupid kids trying to break into it, two small cracks on the dash, and the head liner is missing.

Power locks, power windows, split bench seat, passenger side kick panel waist basket, power antenna, etc

I payed $750

First plan is to fix the frame and floor board. To bad winter is right around the corner, I'm going to start working on it but will have to quit soon till spring :cry:

Anyway, I'm the new guy

n10605702951857378449lk.jpg

driverbr0.jpg

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Good luck on that. Sounds like alota work. But a 79 with T Tops. Nice. I'm from Minnie and make it there on average once to twice a month. Welcome to the forum.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Welcome! Glad to see another local guy on here. I grew up in sw mpls, and now I live in Minnetonka. Hope to see you cruisin around with the t-tops off soon! By the way, you should probably post some pictures for us all to oogle over... 8)

79T-top

Apprentice
Oct 5, 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Some of my friends who have been into the G-Bodys for a long time are telling me I payed to much, just because the rear section of the frame is rotted.

What do you guys thing?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Depends on the condition of the rest of the car. $900 doesn't sound too bad to me, but some pics would help. A rusty rear frame rail is pretty typical of a MN g-body...you should see my Malibu wagon... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor