new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontang

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2009
first off hey all! my short story follows. i was recently given this 1988 cutlass supreme for my 21st birthday. i DD a 2004 v6 stang which i am in the process of building and blowing and needed something to drive wile the motor is out, so this came at a good time. the story of the cars as i understand it is my great aunt bought the car new in 1988 it was then used as a sunday church car garage kept untill 2004 when my grandparnts bought it and drove it very little and kept it covered and in a carport. the car has 24,*** miles as it sits and is in 100% original and near perfect condition with a few small scratches (ok one) on the front of the car, not even to metal so no rust. it has a 307 and it still runs strong needs a tuneup as it has sat for about a year and a half with almost no driving just a start and move around the yard kinda deal. the interiou is amazing no stains no tears like new. i hope to keep this car up and drive it very little and keep very low miles ~1k a year or less.

i will be honest i know very little about GM and carb'd even less so anythign anyone can tell me would be great

34oegi9.jpg

hst8nb.jpg

2rmocd1.jpg

2dc6d8j.jpg

i would show you folks some more pictures but photobucket is not working for me this is my first time using tinypic and its alot slower[/img]

WOW lucky!!! looks like a great car that you have on your hands there

holy huge pics sorry guys 😳 oh well also as soon as i get the car moved to my house after i get tag inspection and ins on it as all are expired by at least a year i plan on claying the car and goin through it with a cood cleaning inside and out this is just a wash and dry and i didnt do much for the interior just got a little grass off the mats

that is one super clean car you have there! i'm jealous...less than 25K that's getting unheard of....i'd keep it close to original and off the streets as possible...just like it was previously

78mali350 said:
WOW lucky!!! looks like a great car that you have on your hands there

it is a wonderful car i have driven it a few times a few years ago when i was out of a car for rear ends and transmission's :x it has always been a favorite vehicle of mine

Man, I'm drooling 8)

I would keep it just like it is, tape deck, granny wires and all!! And like you said, keep it low mileage and cruise.

Attachments

• img_2286.jpg
    img_2286.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 169
  • img_2282.jpg
    img_2282.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 177
Where are you, and what do you want for it? You don't want to be seen driving your aunt's old car around when you have a Mustang. That's what Civics are for.

wow beautiful car man... gotta love grandparents they know how to keep a car lookin fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor