New house

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Not much of a house update but I'll fill everyone in. Only thing that has been done since last post is reinforcement for walls while.being poured has been removed and more stone brought along with the insulation for under the basement floor. Supposed to pour on this Friday but it's looking like rain so I'm betting that's off til next week.

Trusses are three weeks out so he didn't want to do the deck and walls and have them out in weather for that long. So he's pouring the floor, backfilling, and some other small things, then then starting on the framing. By the time that is done the trusses should be here.

The credit union we thru for the construction loan has been an absolute nightmare. Never, ever, go thru Americu. They are completely incompetent and don't follow thru on anything. Took over a week and a half to get the first draw, which ended not being a complete draw because the inspector the sent out never showed up. So I had to call and rip them a new one to get the full first draw amount. Then the "checks will be ready at the local branch" and of course they weren't. Surprise surprise. Needless to say once we're done building we're dumping this credit union and refinancing thru ours asap. We would've stayed with ours but they didn't do construction loans at the time
Now they do 🤦

Just to make matters more stressful, I'm currently at 34k feet on my way to JFk, eventually landing in Sydney Australia for work. For a month. Which sounds like fun, and it probably will be at times, but I'm wicked stressed since we're trying to build a house and having issues. Now I'll be 13k miles away. Well let's see how this goes! LOL
I feel your pain. Now try doing all that work yourself besides having a full time job. The stress blows.

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yeah. We thought about it for a minute, then quickly realized that wouldn't be a good idea. LOL

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Steel beams will make the basement open with no posts to deal with. I know you're thinking the posts wont bother you. Contemplate it.

A small expense added in for a huge benefit .

Reactions: 1 user

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Changing things in process just causes headaches for everyone involved. I agree that it would be nice to have no posts. Have to weigh pros and cons. Reengineering would likely push the timeline out and leave it exposed to the elements even longer.

Reactions: 1 user

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
It's only 60' and one beam. Should be all of 1/2 hr to do the calculations.

Been there, done it.

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I understand both sides of the argument. It's like a rabbit hole though. Well for just this little bit more we can do this. And this, and then this. Next thing you know the budget has gone out the window. Which is basically where we're at now. About 15% over where we originally wanted to be. Plus I know there will be some hidden costs we weren't expecting. Sometimes it's even the just the little things you forget about. Like curtains. They aren't cheap and not figured into the mortgage. We have to draw the line somewhere. A couple of posts in the basement are much better to deal with than the old pile of a house we were living in...

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I mentioned that to the wife. She laughed then changed the subject LOL

• Haha

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Stripper poles!!!! :mrgreen:
I mentioned that to the wife. She laughed then changed the subject LOL

Tell her to think of all the struggling college students who could improve their lives with what they could learn down there.

It's public service and help with that whole student lean debt issue.

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
What's even funnier is that several years ago she mentioned wanting to try one of those classes because they are supposed to be really good exercise. So for Christmas two years ago I bought her a gift certificate for her and her friend to go. They had a blast. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch LOL The place was almost an hour away so she won't be going back. Hence my recommendation to put one in here and look at all the money we'd save. 😂

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor