New member !!!! From Middle East !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omer.sinan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2014
hello guys ,

im a new member here just registered today , i just got hold of a 1988 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme classic and rebuilding the whole car.
its pretty much in a bad condition , except the engine & the transmission .

was wondering if anyone has the same model and if they know good websites, also where to get hold of performance parts. maybe even the engine , if i wanted to replace it what engine would fit without having to change transmission/electricals etc.

thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 458
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 472
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 477

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Welcome to the site! I have the same car. The stock engine is very weak indeed. If you have the 4speed 200r4 transmission as I do, you are doing just fine. The 350 oldsmobile engine is a direct swap into your car. The 403 oldsmobile is nearly a direct swap also. Oldsmobile parts most likely cost double what chevrolet parts in your country would cost. If you switch a 350 chevrolet engine parts will be cheaper on a daily basis. It is not a direct swap however; you would have to replace your oldsmobile accessories with chevrolet and buy motor mounts. You can find many good parts on gbodyparts.com but to do a whole engine swap a good catalog to have is Summit catalog. It has every part you would need and prices. www.summitracing.com

The 200r4 transmission is very good. If your car shifts well, don't switch to a different transmission - count this blessing!

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
http://dawningluminosity.com/?p=155

Here are examples of oldsmobiles to look for junked. Older generation oldsmobile engine should swap with same transmission & keep wiring. You can even eliminate the computer on the 350 olds entirely if you buy a carburetor with pull start. The '330' olds same thing - but it is probably rare your region. Look at your parking break - is it rusty? You can change the 'release' pull into your primer for carb easily if so.

Omer.sinan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2014
hi guys ,

thanks for the reply , much appreciated :D
yes ido have the 200r4 Transmission . thought this is the only gear box that would fit on this engine. kept hearing its good so im glad i have it .
i have no problem importing any parts from america i can just as easily get it sent here . not a problem

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
It's cool to see our cars in far away places. Finding parts is always an interesting factor.
I give you a lot of credit keeping your "foreign" car alive and roadworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor