New member from oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2014
Well guys and girls i just brought 1983 Monte Carlo sc, wanted a ss but very few monte Carlos in australia so I will be swapping the nose to a ss,I have a shafiroff 598 and glide out of my 57 chevy to go in it,so a bit of work ahead of me but all good.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome to the site.

Doug

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Is the race-only, or a street car? If the latter, is it a right-hand drive, and how was the conversion done? Please share some pics as you head into summer...

Isa

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2014
Well it will mainly a street car I'll take it to the strip now and then as the track is about 500km away,the car is lh drive and I will keep it that way.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I got lucky and found a lightly-used Pontiac G8 GXP - one of the Holden Commodore HSV models with the LS3 and six-speed manual. It's a blast to drive, but I can't part with my Malibu 6.6L coupe and 5.7L estate projects...and my wife is soon going to make me choose....

Let me know if I can help find some parts for you. Maybe we can swap a few bits for our respective rides.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Do you know the history of how your 31-year-old Monte came to Australia? Did you import it yourself? Still left hand drive after all these years...I heard that the Man requires conversion to right hand drive within one year of import or some such thing.

I drove a Mazda 6 estate in the UK this summer and all was well except the tire sidewalls on passenger side. Clutch pedal was in the same place but my brain was not calibrated to judge distances correctly when sitting on the right... ; )

Isa

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2014
The car has only been in the country a short time,the person who imported it was going to turn it into a lowrider but changed his mind and brought a Lincoln.it's never been registed in oz,cars 30 years and older can stay lh drive.found the build sheet under the back seat,no US history on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor