New member from SD, 2 g body's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsteen

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2012
Well everybody ile try to make a good introduction here. I purchased my first g body 4 years ago right before college. It was an immaculate 86 monte carlo ss, 330hp crate 350, 700r4, t-tops, silver, etc. I was in love with the monte's and had to have one. Up until now it has been my daily driver through rain, snow, or shine. I love the car but had to give it the rest its been waiting for. The winters have been hard on it and i plan on a new drivetrain and a little bodywork. I purchased a 93 caprice wagon for my daily driver soo i could store the monte. Its a pretty cool wagon being lowered, roll pan, shaved roof rack, tint, midnight blue paint, impala ss frontend, dual exhaust, 350, etc. After driving the car i really enjoyed it and despite what everyone else says i just really love having a wagon. ............. NOW FOR G BODY #2

An old farmer who is a friend of the family is retiring and selling out, and cleaning up all the junk and old cars/machinery. I remembered a few old model A sedan's that caught my eye soo i decided to go check out what he had. What really caught my eye was a very nice straight, and clean malibu wagon that has been in his barn. After talking to him about it i learned that he is the original owner, ordered it with every option he wanted in 78(car is a 79). Its a 267, ac, ps, but the option that seemed very odd was the factory 4 speed. He insists that it came that way and after a little research it seems to be a pretty rare car. All in all I gave him $350 for it and will be picking it up this weekend. It should run with little work but the interior has had mice in it. I think i did pretty good on it.

I have the stock ss rims from my monte i think im gona toss on, and a 406 to put ahead of the 4 speed, and depending on the damage i will probably remove most of the interior. I just want it as a fun little hot rod that i can take around town and to work. My question is, beings its a 4 speed and a rare car is it worth enough to anyone where my plans for it would be a shame or ruining it? I would sell it and find another project car if its worth a considerable amount, but i am kinda attached to it already.

The monte:

mymonte-1.jpg

mymonte6.jpg

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I don't think it would really hurt the value. It's still gonna have the 4sd in it.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
jmsteen,
Welcome to the site.
Real nice Monte! IMO, the collector car value was lost because of the 267 v-8 engine, so build what you want! If you don't abuse the saginaw 4-speed transmission and/or the stock 7 1/2 inch rear axle, it will be a fun car to drive.

Doug

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Since it already set up for manual....it would be nice to find a nice 5 speed to go behind the 406 that would on mileage and rpms......sweet car still even if you leave the same.......

jmsteen

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for the welcomes, ile try and get some pictures of the wagon after i get it home and spiffed up a little.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Welcome! What part of SD are you at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor