New Member from VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gs dewd

Greasemonkey
May 25, 2008
Crimora, Va
Hey all I just found your board about a week ago. I have been reading some threads and posting in some. Seems like a great board. I just bought a 80' Olds Cutlass supreme about 2 weeks ago. The car is in pretty good condition for the year. It was sittimg for over 3 yrs in a field at a tow yard. I tried to start it and after pumping the hell put of it it started and ran pretty good. I Towed it back to my garage and changed the oil and did a complete mechanical inspection on it and everything looks good. This week I started on the body work to get it ready for paint. It had some seriuos rus in one spot on the passengers side under the trim for vinyl top. I cut out all the rust and welded in new metal and primed the area. The reast of the car is rust free. The roof and trunk have some small dents from what looks like the car was in a hale storm which I will be taking care of this week. The car should be in full primer by weeks end and ready for final block sanding and paint. I will start a gallery of my progress with the car and keep everyone up to date. More on the car. It has a 260 v8 and a th350 trans. I am building a 383 Chev sb and 350 turbo trans for the car. White and light brown interior ( buckets/ console floor shifter) The exterior is a pale yellow with white vinyl top. Yes the car is going to recieve a very due color change. I have not yet decided totally on what color I am going to go with. Thoughts? I am thinking either a Medium blue with a slighty darker blue vinyl top ( it has I guess what is considered the Landau top or 1/4 top) Or maybe a paint scheme I used on one of my other cars I had which was and Met. Bugandy main paint with Black and silver stripes that wraped the trunk and went down the side with a grey vinyl 1/4 top. Here is a pic of the second choice the Dodge Aspem I had in high school. And Yes I painted it myself. It was a great car.
1.jpg

What do you guys think? Hope to talk to some soon.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
sounds like a nice car. also sounds like some good plans for it as well! welcome to the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor