New member in the chicago area

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Hey there folks i'm uneek and this is really my first time on this site and from what ive seen its pretty cool and im hoping i can learn alot of info from here. I have been into gbodies since the mid 80's and i've owned 8 gbodies since i bought my first cutlass in 94, i currently own a 1986 buick limited with t-tops, leather buckets, it even has the concert II sound system (which is a first for me), and a 307 olds motor. Right now i'm in the process of taking everything out and switching to a small block chevy. So i will be on here time to time asking question because i fell that you learn something new everyday, and would like meet some fellow gbody owners thats in my area or fairly local and make so new friends.

Talk to you guys sooner than you may think but until then have a good one!!!

Uneek

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
welcome! sounds like a nice car, but most olds guys here would say get a SBO 350. there sould be some on craigslist if ya look right. what part of chi are ya?

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Thank alot beermonkey right now everything is gutted i've never really dealt with a old motor other than a stock i'v always been into sbc's plus i have a complete sdc drivetrain from a regal that i just sold so thats what i will be using. And i'm on the south side of chicago and where are you?
beermonkey9417 said:
welcome! sounds like a nice car, but most olds guys here would say get a SBO 350. there sould be some on craigslist if ya look right. what part of chi are ya?

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Welcome to the forum. I would have said a 350 Buick would be cool, but hey, if you already have the Chevy I'd do it too. Besides it turns out to be alot cheaper to go fast with the Chevy. Sounds like a cool project you got there. Got any pic's????

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Thanks alot midwestls i'll take some pics when i get home from work.
midwestls said:
Welcome to the forum. I would have said a 350 Buick would be cool, but hey, if you already have the Chevy I'd do it too. Besides it turns out to be alot cheaper to go fast with the Chevy. Sounds like a cool project you got there. Got any pic's????

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
im in desplaines, but my elkys in mortongrove waitin for me to put the engine back together. maybe one day we should start a gbody carshow some where around here :lol: thats when we finally get em running...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor