New Member Moser Engineering Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicsunset08

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2008
Indiana
:itchy: I am new to G-Body Forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is from Trevor Palmer. I am a longtime Gbody enthusiast. My first car was a 79 malibu. I have since owned another as well as 85 Elco. Currently married with children and have since got rid of all!! Sportin' a mini-van now. Anyway, i have been in the high performance rearend business for the past 10 years and i am currently a Moser Engineering Dealer. I have an internet only business that i have been promoting through forums over the past month. It is going pretty good. I am here to offer answers to any questions regarding rearends (lack there of--7.5 10 bolt) for your g-body. I also sell Moser products for a discount payable through Paypal. On my 2nd malibu i scrapped the stock 267 motor in favor of a 406 small block. It was a screamer!!! I was able to maintain the 7.5 10 bolt while running high 12's in the quarter. Granted, i did not use slicks or a high stall. I just wanted introduce myself and offer any assistance i could on rearends and potential rearend swaps. Moser sells 12 bolt swaps and 9" ford swaps for those of you that are not "die hard" GM guys. I miss my rides and would like to help you build yours in any way i can. If you have any questions on products I offer or other general questions--email [email protected] thanks TP

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
Kool. If you do a search you will see rear end questions are frequent. Stick around their will be more to answer in the near future. BTW the mini van is fine. I have one and four kids. I also have not daily drivers but driveable gbodys. Cars I can enjoy even take my kids to an out of state car event in. Life is too short not to have at least one car in the stable that is FUN to drive.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Welcome!
I'm sure plenty of people will have plenty of questions for you! :D
Hopefully this spring I'll be going through my rear end and can get some stuff from ya...

threetwentyseven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2008
Medicine Hat, AB
Sweetness... You can answer a couple questions for me... I just finished setting up my chassis and have spent a lot of cash on the suspension. Do you sell bolt-in rears for the G-bodies? Is the width the same as our crappy 10 bolt? How about the axles.... can you keep the same bolt circle (4 3/4")? Also, is there a disc brake upgrade that moser sells?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Man, I'm gonna steal your thunder right off the bat!

Yes they do have exact bolt in 12 bolts and 9" fords, and will accept rear disc brakes.
No weird control arm adaptations, use your stock suspension, correct width, any bolt pattern, they're right on the money.

We put one in an '84 Monte SS we're building at work.
I think we got our rear disc set-up from SSBC.
Rear disc brakes are over-rated in my opinion, but what do I know? :p

I was super jealous when I was putting it in, and if they don't pay me what they owe me soon, I'm gonna take it back out and put it in my Olds!

threetwentyseven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2008
Medicine Hat, AB
What's the price on say, a bolt-in Ford 9" with a Posi and good axles?

magicsunset08

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2008
Indiana
Rearend answer

threetwentyseven said:
Sweetness... You can answer a couple questions for me... I just finished setting up my chassis and have spent a lot of cash on the suspension. Do you sell bolt-in rears for the G-bodies? Is the width the same as our crappy 10 bolt? How about the axles.... can you keep the same bolt circle (4 3/4")? Also, is there a disc brake upgrade that moser sells?
Yes. They sell 12 bolt bolt-ins and 9"ford's for g-bodies. They can drill whatever bolt-pattern you want, so 4 3/4 would be an option. They also sell disc and drum brakes as well. You can get one complete as complete gets with the excpetion of brake lines and fluid.

magicsunset08

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2008
Indiana
9" G-body price

threetwentyseven said:
What's the price on say, a bolt-in Ford 9" with a Posi and good axles?

The price on a complete rear with choice of gear, trac-loc posi, 31 spline axles, nodular case, 1350 pinion yoke, drain & fill plug installed, set up without brakes would run $2099 + s/h. Retail on that item generally "starts" @ $2260. Keep me posted. You can also email me @ [email protected]. Thanks alot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor