Status
Not open for further replies.

andew gill

n00b
Apr 27, 2018
Hello I just got my first El Camino is an 81. I love these cars I grew up with my dad having them now I am able to have my own. Thanks for letting me join this forum!!

At the moment the car is in good shape mostly all original! My problems however are my wipers they will not shut off. I have the delay switch and would like to replace it but I am having problems locating a switch, could anyone here help with that.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Welcome to the site andew from another el Camino owner.i'm afraid I'm no with your delay problem but i'm sure someone on here's run into it before.hopefully they'll chime in and offer some help

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome aboard!

Post up some pics when you get a chance..

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Andrew.
We'd love to see pics of your El Camino. Try posting in the want section for the delay switch. The dash mounted delay switches are not an easy part to find.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bally Novis

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2018
Sonya , Ontario
Hello I just got my first El Camino is an 81. I love these cars I grew up with my dad having them now I am able to have my own. Thanks for letting me join this forum!!

At the moment the car is in good shape mostly all original! My problems however are my wipers they will not shut off. I have the delay switch and would like to replace it but I am having problems locating a switch, could anyone here help with that.
Good day. I am not sure about the wiper problem but I believe I have the switch you are looking for. I pulled it out of a malibu? About 20 years ago and it's been sitting in the botto, drawer of my tool box ever since. Where do you live ? I attached a pic for you to decide if it's the one you need.
Bill

• Winner
  • Friendly
Reactions: 1 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Welcome from Idaho!! Ouch! Those switches are expensive!! I have two cars with them but luckily both still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor