New on here. 1980 buick century estate wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of info on the Ls swaps on here. Doing one myself. I don't know of anyone doing an IRS swap in any g bodies. A Ford 8.8 IRS might require the least amount of work to fit. They were in the 90's thunderbirds, cougars, etc. The ones from the 99-04 Cobras would be better but would be pricier and more rare.
i was looking into a gto whole rear subframe but still looking at my best route don't wanna disable my car lol. Thanks for the info my dad told me the same thing.

i was looking into a gto whole rear subframe but still looking at my best route don't wanna disable my car lol. Thanks for the info my dad told me the same thing.
The Gto's use a really wimpy rear, I wanna say a 7.5 ring gear. I almost bought one years ago, and I remember people were swapping the thunderbird 8.8 centers in with custom axle shafts before bolt in 9" were available.

That car is pretty bad a.. the way it is. I would just change the rearend and suspension parts and rod crap out of it!

Reactions: BroBroBot
The Gto's use a really wimpy rear, I wanna say a 7.5 ring gear. I almost bought one years ago, and I remember people were swapping the thunderbird 8.8 centers in with custom axle shafts before bolt in 9" were available.
yea that's what ive been reading on as well. i might just have to look into that 8.8 thanks

That car is pretty bad a.. the way it is. I would just change the rearend and suspension parts and rod crap out of it!
Thanks. honestly if i start anything krazy i will just get another frame and assembly it and drop my shell on. i didn't drive it last year because i had qjet/money issues and my girlfriend don't really like it but this year I'm tearing sh*t up!

Welcome! Cool wagon!
My favorite yard has as few Buick wagons and a couple have woodgrain.
I probably won't be out there for another month or two but if you're still looking for those trim pieces then I can probably get them.

Welcome! Cool wagon!
My favorite yard has as few Buick wagons and a couple have woodgrain.
I probably won't be out there for another month or two but if you're still looking for those trim pieces then I can probably get them.
that's would be awesome. what what be the ticket on them? I don't know what year they changed the body style on these or even if they did, i know they didn't make them long at all. I forgot to mention to everyone in the beginning of this, that I'm the 3rd owner and i have almost every piece of paperwork since day one on this car not sure if that's cool or not? lol i thought it was i paid 200$ for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor