IMG_8992.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 174
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
My cousin had a Cutlass back in the day that was two tone burgundy and charcoal color from the factory

Reactions: 1 user

Thelittlecutlassthatcould

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2020
Man that is nice! Was that a factory hard top? Or did you get rid of the vinyl? If it was a factory vinyl top, how did you put the trim around the rear glass afterwards? Im trying to figure out what to do with mine haha

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Man that is nice! Was that a factory hard top? Or did you get rid of the vinyl? If it was a factory vinyl top, how did you put the trim around the rear glass afterwards? Im trying to figure out what to do with mine haha
If your car was factory vinyl, you'll need to buy the trim clip screws. They basically screw into the body in place of where the clips would be around the rear window.
I got lucky and my Cutlass was a factory hardtop, but the original owner had a dealer install the vinyl! I had to replace the whole roof skin, but the trim was already on the rear window...just needed to be cleaned up and powdercoated.

Reactions: 1 user

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
Mine is a t top car No vinyl. All tough to get rid of the vinyl in the past I would just fill the holes from the molding by either brazing them are a spot welder. Grind them down and add a little filler the hard part was removing all the old glue.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
I will never understand why people put so much effort and money into a paint job and do not pull the mirrors, trim, handles, quarter windows.... When I was in the market for a turbo buick, I walked away from more cars than I can count because of that exact reason.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

hayabrusa

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Oct 7, 2015
I will never understand why people put so much effort and money into a paint job and do not pull the mirrors, trim, handles, quarter windows.... When I was in the market for a turbo buick, I walked away from more cars than I can count because of that exact reason.

nothing against original OP but i have to agree, my bodyshop went maybe overboard on mine but all the glass, interior, handles and trim were removed to do the color change properly. The doors were also removed as well has fenders, hood, and trunk to spray inside individually . Yes more of a cost but you know it is done properly.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Thelittlecutlassthatcould

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2020
Well you see when im doing a paintjob in my uncles industrial shop/paintbooth and he isnt charging me any money for the paint and i could only have the car in the shop for 4 days you kind of have to make due with what youve got, understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor