New proud member here with a GBody!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 29, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
Hello G Body Nation, i'm new here and look forward to meeting some cool people who enjoy these cars as much as I do. I don't know a whole lot about working on cars, so i'll be doing more reading than posting!! I recently bought an '81 Cutlass and it's my ONLY car and my daily driver, so it's imperative I learn as much as I can because I can't have my baby down too long. Be easy!

mycutlass3-1-1.jpg

cutlassrear-1.jpg

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
I am fairly new as well. My 85 is my daily driver as well so im kinda stuck with the 3.8 for now since gas prices are ridiculous. So im not to concerned about my engine. i got it overhauled in 08. i was 18 and didnt know any better to instead, get a v8 overhauled.

bluesman79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 29, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
AlamoCity210 said:
I am fairly new as well. My 85 is my daily driver as well so im kinda stuck with the 3.8 for now since gas prices are ridiculous. So im not to concerned about my engine. i got it overhauled in 08. i was 18 and didnt know any better to instead, get a v8 overhauled.

Hey, yeah I think that's the beauty in owning a g body, you can customize as you go. Just take your time, those bigger engines aren't going anywhere.

bluesman79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 29, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
oldtinsmith said:
bluesman79,
Welcome to the site.You've found a good site, good people and good advice can be had here.

Doug

Thanks Doug, this is one of those sites that i'll be checking EVERYDAY, like my email... :D

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Nice clean Cutlass you got there. I like the color combination.

BTW, How did the screen name "Bluesman" come about?

bluesman79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 29, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
Longroof79 said:
Welcome aboard!
Nice clean Cutlass you got there. I like the color combination.

BTW, How did the screen name "Bluesman" come about?[/quote

Thanks!! Well I chose that name because I grew up in Mississippi, which is home to alot of Blues music!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor