New rims on my Cutlass (You're gonna hate this!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Regal

n00b
Jun 26, 2009
i like it, i think 22s on G-body's are perfect fits....

BTW, a donk is a 71-76 caprice or impala... donk has nothing to do with big rims on cars although it is mistakenly confused.... 8)

vinhjamin8302

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
not for me either, id prefer a set of welds!! But it is your car...

CuttySupreme1984

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2009
Altamonte Springs, FL
85Regal said:
i like it, i think 22s on G-body's are perfect fits....

BTW, a donk is a 71-76 caprice or impala... donk has nothing to do with big rims on cars although it is mistakenly confused.... 8)

Yea I used to correct it back in like 2001 but the term is used so loosely these days I had to give up lol.

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
It's not my style, but it's not horrible...

I've seen faaaaar worse...

I used to have some chrome wires and they were the first and last set of wires I'll ever own...

When I buy parts for modifications/customizations I look for ease of installation, ease of maintenance, and ease of cleaning. And since I'm pretty anal about cleaning my wheels, I'm not doing the chrome spokes ever again...

The wheels I ended up settling on direct bolt so I don't have to worry about losing a center cap and they're a star pattern, so they're easy to clean...

CuttySupreme1984

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2009
Altamonte Springs, FL
Everyone seems to think wires are hard to clean but I rode on 13x7 100 spokes for 4 years straight and they were always glistening. I used Purple Power Degreaser for the rims and tires. Spray em, let em sit for about 1 minute. Sponge 'em a bit and rinse.

This is how it looked back in 2005. It had that ugly fat fender trim. It's also a different paint job now because I was rear-ended a couple years ago. I actually like the older paint job better because the new one didn't come out so hot. There's a ton of over-spray so there's lighter colored patches everywhere. I need to get it redone soon. Oh and they lost all of my emblems!! I called them and they're like "we put them in the glove box." I opened the glove box and theres the front bumper Olds emblem broken in half and that was it. lol That's econo paint shops for ya! So I scoured Ebay for a while collecting all my missing emblems.

cutlass1.jpg

cutlass2rims.jpg

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
do you have those chrome fender flares still or know where i can find a pair?

CuttySupreme1984

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2009
Altamonte Springs, FL
2000.malibu.ls said:
do you have those chrome fender flares still or know where i can find a pair?

I hung on to them for a while but when I moved I threw them out. Sorry about that. I'll see if I can track some down.

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
CuttySupreme1984 said:
Everyone seems to think wires are hard to clean but I rode on 13x7 100 spokes for 4 years straight and they were always glistening. I used Purple Power Degreaser for the rims and tires. Spray em, let em sit for about 1 minute. Sponge 'em a bit and rinse.

This is how it looked back in 2005. It had that ugly fat fender trim. It's also a different paint job now because I was rear-ended a couple years ago. I actually like the older paint job better because the new one didn't come out so hot. There's a ton of over-spray so there's lighter colored patches everywhere. I need to get it redone soon. Oh and they lost all of my emblems!! I called them and they're like "we put them in the glove box." I opened the glove box and theres the front bumper Olds emblem broken in half and that was it. lol That's econo paint shops for ya! So I scoured Ebay for a while collecting all my missing emblems.

cutlass1.jpg

cutlass2rims.jpg

Maybe I phrased that incorrectly...

It's not that the spokes are hard to clean it's just that there are wheels available that are easier to clean, so I'd prefer them to the spokes...

Just a matter of preference, I guess...

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
Re:

CuttySupreme1984 said:

cutlass1.jpg

cutlass2rims.jpg
sorry to bump an old thread but in this pic u just put the 13's on and it sat that low or did u lower the car ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor