New to forum 1987 El Camino SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveSS1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 30, 2008
Manchester CT
Hi all,
Just found out about this site. Have been on the Monte SS site and El Camino Central for years, can never read enough G body information. I have a 1987 Choo Choo Customs SS that I bought new in 1987, it currently needs a bunch of body work after being side swiped by a local cop a few years ago (long story) I have done a full interior restoration/customization, suspension & brake mods, Monte SS driveline swap, currently has the original 305 LG4 but I am working on a roller 350 ZZ4 copy, just waiting to save up some more cash for the parts & machine shop work I need done.
Dave

daveSS1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 30, 2008
Manchester CT
Well I'll have to post a photo when I figure out how to...but they are not very good lol. The car is as follows: original 1987 Choo Choo Customs El Camino SS. Original color was silver with gray interior, came with 305 LG4 with TH200C and 2.41 posi rear, bucket seats, console & floor shifter. Over the years I got a Monte SS parts car and transplanted the 3.73 posi rear, TH2004r overdrive transmission, high flow exhaust system and converter, 86 SS aluminum wheels, dash trim, factory tach, steering wheel and front & rear sway bar.
Engine is original LG4 with crane 2040 compucam, Comp Cams roller tipped rockers, Edelbrock tubular exhaust system, Accell Supercoil & 8.8mm plug wires.
Rear suspension modifications include Edelbrock upper & lower control arms, Air Bag suspension bags inside stock F41 springs, Bilstein shocks, aluminum brake drums and TA aluminum rear end cover. Front end was rebuilt with 1998 S-10 Xtreme spindles & brakes, Hawk brake pads, Russell braided brake lines, Polygraphite bushings, Speedway Racing tubular upper A arms (2 rights) Z-28 steering box and pump, S-10 springs with Bilstein shocks, Grand Prix cross bar and core support braces, radiator X braces.
Interior was redone with black carpet, GN black & gray seat covers with embroidered SS headrest, Buick Concert Sound II door panels and 5 1/4" speakers, 1987 Cadillac AM/FM Cassette with EQ, power seat motors from 1990's Cutlass, power mirrors from 1980's Camaro, Pioneer 12 disk CD changer in cargo compartment that plays through the FM, 1980's Buick power antenna and that's about it for now...waiting on upper door panels from 1987 Monte SS, presently working on rebuilding a 1989 350 L98 with Corvette aluminum heads and ZZ4 roller cam, will be putting Camaro serpentine system and electric fans in along with this when finished. Needs new rear quarter panel, tailgate and drivers door. Just too much money needed to get much done this year!
later,
Dave [/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor