New to GM....still a die hard mopar guy tho. :) (1979 Olds W-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanceh13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 27, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Greetings! I'm pretty new to owning a GM product. I've been a die hard mopar guy since I can remember. :) It's been a new years resolution of mine for years to appreciate more makes of cars. A year or so ago I purchased a 1979 Olds W-30 because it reminded me of a Cutlass my dad had when I was growing up.

It's been nice doing a little wrenching on it...overall it's a great driver.

My other cars are a 1993 Dodge W250 cummins, 1949 Dodge Flat Fender Power Wagon, 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T convertible.

I've enjoyed poking around on this forum and learning more about my car but figured I better at least introduce myself.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.JPEG
    IMG_0650.JPEG
    966.4 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: 11 users

lanceh13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 27, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum from West Michigan. Nice W30 you have there. I’ll admit I avoid Dodge products due to all the quality / engineering issues over the years but the 69 Coronet R/T is a beautiful car I wouldn’t mind owning. Can you share some pics?

Thank you! Yea you certainly got more bang for the buck back in the day when you steered away from Mopar but I still love em haha. Here are a few pics. It's a pretty rare 4 spd car. Radio delete too which is odd from a convertible perspective.

IMG_0527.JPEG IMG_0609.JPG IMG_0610.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

lanceh13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 27, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Nice H/O! That's a nice retirement investment in the doodge vert.

Thanks! I'm not good at selling sh*t haha. I bought that car back when I was still in the Army...like all my cars they were impulse buys haha. I just happened to luck out and have them be desirable to more people then just me. My garage is a black whole tho lol...I get attached to em to quick and can't let em go. Women on the other hand...not so much. ;)

Reactions: 5 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Welcome, nice Cutlass. I knew a guy back in 69 that had that almost same car. Same color but white top and interior. That one and the 67 Coronet R/T are two of my favorite Mopars.

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Greetings! I'm pretty new to owning a GM product. I've been a die hard mopar guy since I can remember. :) It's been a new years resolution of mine for years to appreciate more makes of cars. A year or so ago I purchased a 1979 Olds W-30 because it reminded me of a Cutlass my dad had when I was growing up.

It's been nice doing a little wrenching on it...overall it's a great driver.

My other cars are a 1993 Dodge W250 cummins, 1949 Dodge Flat Fender Power Wagon, 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T convertible.

I've enjoyed poking around on this forum and learning more about my car but figured I better at least introduce myself.
WELCOME to the G body family! Nice car collection you have going there!!! :)

lanceh13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 27, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome, nice Cutlass. I knew a guy back in 69 that had that almost same car. Same color but white top and interior. That one and the 67 Coronet R/T are two of my favorite Mopars.

67's are pretty rare too! You've got a good taste in cars my friend!

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
Welcome to Gbody, mopar is big down here were I'm at now all my cousins got mopar down here Aar cudas challenger's my Nino has a nice coronet like that but hard top, I get the sh*t for having oldsmobile and chevys

lanceh13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 27, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to Gbody, mopar is big down here were I'm at now all my cousins got mopar down here Aar cudas challenger's my Nino has a nice coronet like that but hard top, I get the sh*t for having oldsmobile and chevys

Colorado? Last year I'd give ya a hard time too buddy. ;) Like I said with 2020 I'm trying to turn a page and be more open minded lol. This Gbody is the first non mopar that's been in my name in sh*t 20+ years. Only reason I got it was because I was trying to fulfill a new years resolution I've had on repeat for a while and not be a 'Mopar or No Car' kind of guy. But this car was sentimental too because it reminded me of a car from my childhood. It's been fun tho..love driving it. I find that when I'm driving it I forget that it's old. Drives like a new car :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor