New to the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sittin Duck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2019
Searching for drag racing/suspension articles took me to this site(y) My 79 Malibu is a Sunday warrior, hasn't been on the street for 18 years.

Attachments

• Iron Man.jpg
    Iron Man.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: 1 users

Sittin Duck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2019
Nothing fancy - flat-top 355 (with about 6 zillion passes on it) Powerglide/ladder bars. Electric windows still work! (great this time of year). She weighs about 3150 ready to race. Has been 7.32/94 and 11.57/114 best, but it has to be good weather!

Reactions: 2 users

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
Welcome to the forum from northern MN.

Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Welcome to the site. I just sold my 70 Chevelle last year to walk away from driving after 30 years. Ran in the 8.80's at 151. I don't mind going with friends and helping out but the idea of loading up and going and running the car myself has gotten old.

Sittin Duck

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2019
I bought a 210 1955 Chevy in 1975 and drove it on the street till 1980, got caught street racing one time too many, so I dropped the insurance/tags and raced it till 1995 and in a moment of insanity, sold it. After that, I never went through the gate for five years till the wife wanted to go see a Stock/Super Stock race at our track. We went to the race and two weeks later I bought a 65 Chevelle 300 sedan to cut up. I got it about half done and a buddy decided he wanted the 65 more than I did so away she went. A month later I bought the Malibu as a roller, put the ladder bar setup in it after about 2 years, and 18 years later "here we are".

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor