New toy 1981 Indy 500 pace car

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Nice!

I can see the motivation behind keeping it stock, or putting a turbo engine in.

Either way, I'd be glad to own it!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Nice!

I can see the motivation behind keeping it stock, or putting a turbo engine in.

Either way, I'd be glad to own it!

I probably overpaid a little for the car but it’s just so unique I think it will even out. I knew it needed a lot of tlc when I bought it but I’m glad to be able to save it I have several other toys as well. I had a GN and lost it in a house fire and bought another GN after that but just lost motivation at the time and sold the car. This one I don’t plan on selling I plan on enjoying it

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Very cool car. I'm 100% behind general cleanup and getting it driveable. I think the patina will get more attention than shiny paint and new decals.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
This goes with the picture I posted
20190317_203238.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Very cool car. I'm 100% behind general cleanup and getting it driveable. I think the patina will get more attention than shiny paint and new decals.

I think it will as well the car is very unique and a very good conversation starter. Maybe later I’ll do a full repaint on it and all that but right now I just plan on enjoying the car. I may see about going ahead and getting the decals remade for it and have them put up if that time comes. I may have overpaid a little on this car but I think it will even out I didn’t buy to resell

Reactions: 1 user

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
What's "overpaid" if ya don't mind me asking? (Goes along with the other thread)
I paid a little over 2k for it but it’s so solid the only rust is surface and the body is straight as a arrow it’s probably within reason for what the car is I was just hoping the motor was going to be ok but I was wrong on that

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I think you did okay, given the exclusivity.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor