New toy 1981 Indy 500 pace car

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
WOW!! That's truly a late one! Last of the run being 148!! I have a NOS "blank" # dash plaque in my collection I purchased years ago.

Yeah that’s what I thought to it was 2nd to last as I’ve done quite a bit of research on the b4black page along on a couple other pages

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Yeah they appear to be 84-87 fillers. How do the 81-83 fillers look are they just cut for these pieces
The newer filler comes up and cures into the grill, where as the 81 82 83 I believe, are straight, and the grill has those two pieces you have there attached to the grill and meet with the filler panel.

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
The newer filler comes up and cures into the grill, where as the 81 82 83 I believe, are straight, and the grill has those two pieces you have there attached to the grill and meet with the filler panel.
I’ll have to try and find a good picture of how they meet maybe I can trim the bumper filler since they are fiberglass it shouldn’t be hard to modify them

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
With the wrong bumper fillers, its not allowing the grill to completely extend out. On those two pieces you have, they screw to the bottom of the outside of your gill, and they have stoppers on them, so when the springs on the grill tug on the grill to pull it to the front, the stoppers on those two pieces stop the grill in time to line the grill up perfectly with the header.

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Exactly! :) A little work and patience is all it might take :)
That’s what I’m thinking maybe if I get a dremel with a small cut off wheel and measure it and tape it I think is all it would need it just doesn’t look right having the grille pushed back like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor