New trunk strut lift supports

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Oh, wait...Canada....hmmm. Never mind. May have better luck from getting some north of the border somewhere. Rockauto isn't the only game in town.

Swindells

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2019
Looks like 1 regular Monroe and 1 Max lift Monroe. However, they have Sachs, which are IMO the best supports available in the aftermarket. Have a set of Sachs on daughters XJ Cherokee for 3 years, still good..and the gates are pretty heavy

Also available at O'Reilly stores if you have them near you for only a couple bucks more.

So you’d suggest Sachs lift supports over Monroe or strong arm or any of the other options?

Cause they have the sg430005 parts in stock at rock auto

But are they new?
Or just old stock?
Cause the 2 new/old stock ones I just got barely lift my trunk

Swindells

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2019
Oh, wait...Canada....hmmm. Never mind. May have better luck from getting some north of the border somewhere. Rockauto isn't the only game in town.

I’ve literally called every place within 100km of my location
And everywhere is telling me backorder 4-8 weeks

So I’m about ready to order online
I just don’t want to buy and wait again and have the same result

I was hoping to be able to unlock my trunk and have it basically wanna throw itself up on its own

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I

I was hoping to be able to unlock my trunk and have it basically wanna throw itself up on its own

You've been around too many new Hondas and Toyotas. These BIG trunk lids were never like that, even the torsion bar style on my Malibu just pops up a bit, then you lift it open.

FWIW, I never buy anything Monroe, never been any good at anything, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Swindells

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2019
You've been around too many new Hondas and Toyotas. These BIG trunk lids were never like that, even the torsion bar style on my Malibu just pops up a bit, then you lift it open.

FWIW, I never buy anything Monroe, never been any good at anything, IMO.

Just got in a couple of Sachs sg430005 supports from rockauto

And they are next level strong

As soon as I turn the key and unlatch my trunk
The lid gets thrown up with enough force that if you’re not ready for it, it will pull the keys out of your hand on the way up

So yeah bro
These big trunk lids can pop open like that
I was smiling like a kid in a candy store
😂😂🙌🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Just got in a couple of Sachs sg430005 supports from rockauto

And they are next level strong

As soon as I turn the key and unlatch my trunk
The lid gets thrown up with enough force that if you’re not ready for it, it will pull the keys out of your hand on the way up

So yeah bro
These big trunk lids can pop open like that
I was smiling like a kid in a candy store
😂😂🙌🏼
That’s how my trunk supports are it will give someone a nice hit in the face if they aren’t careful :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor