New wheels for the wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Your lean issue is pretty common with these things (hence my adding adjustable rear suspension). If you lower the right rear, the left front will come up - it is a bit of a dance.

I do like the wheels on there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Thank you all for the compliments. Car is turning out pretty good in my eyes. Still have a long way to go but that's half the fun.

Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
:drool:

you wagon guys are really making me want one.......aaaaaargh!

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Is it uncouth to ask how much those rims set you back? I might be tempted. The late-model Camaro alloys are not my final solution. If I could repop the 14" 5-spoke gray and silver rallys in 18+ inches...

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Is it uncouth to ask how much those rims set you back? I might be tempted. The late-model Camaro alloys are not my final solution. If I could repop the 14" 5-spoke gray and silver rallys in 18+ inches...

To be honest they weren't that bad. Since i did 18/20 and had them powdercoated white and added the dog dish centers and had them install the clips for them they where $1400 shipped to my door.

http://detroitsteelwheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2017_DSW_Catalog_Retail_v1.pdf

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
To be honest they weren't that bad. Since i did 18/20 and had them powdercoated white and added the dog dish centers and had them install the clips for them they where $1400 shipped to my door.

Given the amount of custom work plus accessories, that sounds about right. I have two sets of vintage 50's GM 17" 8-lug split rims. Now that 17" truck tires are standard, I was thinking about finding a wheel company to cut off the split hoops and weld the centers into modern ones. Times 10. Gonna have to start saving up for that project.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
The plan is to paint them body color later this year. But when i ordered them they only option was black or white. So i did the white for now. So far i really like the white. but i think it would look better body color for sure. That will happen soon as soon as im done with the interior. And it looked lower in the first pic not lowered but had a full tank of gas and 4 wheels and tires in the rear, when i took them out it looked way to high. But weird enough the driver side sits lower than the passanger side. And i have no idea why. Almost 3/4 lower on the driver side. I would assume its for 40 years of someone always sitting on the driver side. The front is the stock springs just cut from what i can tell.
Love the clean look of the wagon, my only suggestion is ditching the outside Granny mirror. As far as the out of level issue, make sure its on level ground. I thought my Cutlass was all out of whack sitting in the garage, but its ok out in the driveway. I have a drain in the center of the garage, and I figure it was following the slope of the floor. How about this mirror?
OER-CM3006_ml.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor