Newly acquired 83 Buick Regal Wagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Longroof79 said:
The wheels look good. Is it sitting on the ground? Oh, you still need the longer wheel studs. Hope you got the clearance issue resolved.

Its sitting on the ground now!!! Pics coming...

lata
CHRIS

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Trevor87 said:
Hey Chris did you ever figure out your stuck passenger side mirror? My passenger mirror on the g/p seems to be stuck in place and I too fear breaking it. Your wheel fitment on the rear is really starting to look about right. Lets hope you have the clearance you need. Nice work on the interior too.

Well..... I posted that question about the mirror in hopes that someone would chime in and let me know what I should do! LOL Nobody bought on that one so I gotta figure something out on my own.... I was studying it today and I am thinking I can make something happen.

I am thinking taking these two screws/bolts out and taking the pedestal off the mirror and spray some lubricant in and hopefully get it working again. What you guy think?

20131222_175941_zps6821d2d7.jpg

lata
CHRIS

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Got the old studs out and the first stud installed.
20131222_171224_zps6a1f981f.jpg

Thought you guys would like to see how I install studs. I use this trick at work when I need to install studs. I would like a stud installer but I am cheap! LOL This works like charm!
20131222_180058_zpsafe44209.jpg

Got all the new studs installed.
20131222_180134_zpsd8e26587.jpg

Drum back on! Almost done.
20131222_180223_zpsc122bf8f.jpg

1/2" spacer installed.
20131222_180238_zps3e596e9d.jpg

I did run into some "previous owner problems" that I have to rectify before I feel comfortable about driving down the road with this new setup. The wheel studs as we know are M12-1.5 and the lugnuts that the PO had on the car are 1/2"-20. Yeah they work but they are not "correct" so I am gonna get the correct ones before I do much driving.

I used some of the correct pitch lugnuts but they are not the pretty ones. But at least the wheels are on the car. Here are some pics.

20131222_181930_zpscb95effc.jpg

20131222_182136_zps03045c74.jpg

20131222_182143_zpsf0127138.jpg

20131222_182154_zpscba71019.jpg

20131222_182213_zps36e30460.jpg

Anybody need some 1" wheel spacers with some nice aluminum eccentric rings and some plastic ones as well????. They are brand new!!!
20131222_182548_zpsf4bdb6c0.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It looks a lot better, Chris.
I would definitely use the proper thread nuts before driving the car around...just to be safe.
BTW, That is a good method for installing the wheel studs.

The 1" spacers would appeal to someone putting rear GTA or IROC wheels on their car that need an extra inch of clearance. . Those look like nice spacers.

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
Longroof79 said:
It looks a lot better, Chris.
I would definitely use the proper thread nuts before driving the car around...just to be safe.
BTW, That is a good method for installing the wheel studs.

The 1" spacers would appeal to someone putting rear GTA or IROC wheels on their car that need an extra inch of clearance. . Those look like nice spacers.

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Yeah I am definitely ordering the right stuff before motoring off into the sunset! LOL

I was shown that trick for installing studs a longgg time ago. The washers take away alot of the friction. Especially with some PB blaster on it. Pulls em through like butter.

The spacers are here and waiting on someone. Maybe I can help someone else out. Sucks I spent almost more on the eccentric rings than I did for the spacers. With my wheels I had no hope of using the rings. I should have payed more attention before ordering.

lata
CHRIS

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
At least you are gettting close to having it all buttoned up. After you get the correct lug nuts, make sure you check the torque on them a few times after you first tighten them.

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
liquidh8 said:
At least you are gettting close to having it all buttoned up. After you get the correct lug nuts, make sure you check the torque on them a few times after you first tighten them.

Thanks man... Will do! How you liking the car so far? This is my driver so I cant go too crazy on it.

lata
CHRIS

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Chris, looks like mine did, till I took it apart, :D . Now it has been apart for far too long.

Hope you can get in and enjoy it.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
I really like the stance and the wheel tire combo. I was wondering if you could get a full side pic. Thinking of goin with these or the "Draglite" look a likes.

riceca

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2008
Monroe, NC
BuWaGone said:
I really like the stance and the wheel tire combo. I was wondering if you could get a full side pic. Thinking of goin with these or the "Draglite" look a likes.

Yeah I will get some mo better pics when I get it out of the garage hopefully this week. I am still gonna take it to by friends shop to let him roll the inner lip.

Also got a few loose ends to finish up but shouldn't take long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor