next project-'83 Cutlass Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've got an '83 as well, but mine is painted like a white and gold '78 hurst, with the matching wheels. The centers of the wheels are painted white, instead of gold.
If you would be so kind as to show pics of the car and give us an introduction, that would be much appreciated. Rather than hijacking an existing thread...start your own.
We love wagons here...so let's see your ride. .it sounds nice and does sound familiar.

Welcome aboard!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Looks like you've come a long way now Ed.. Definitely a much cleaner appearance than when you got it. Tint always finishes off a wagon. I agree with leaving the door handles black
I can definitely relate to the doing most of the work under a carport thing. Even though I have more tools & skill than you may have, the constantly taking tools out & putting them back up alone eats up so much time and available older guy energy compared to a garage.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lookin' good, Geppetto...err... I mean, Ed.
I like those seats. They look super comfy and provide good amount of support. It looks like a lot of work, but well worth it. Those Caddy seats had to go.
Wow!! I'm impressed at how clean and rust free those floors are. I'm anxious to see the finished product. Thanks for the update,

Btw, where are the seat belt straps anchored to?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
sorry I didn't reply right away, I've been out of town (death in the family) - it's all self contained and anchored at the seat bottom. you can see the same basic set up in a lot of cars from late 90s through early 00s - Caddy, Gran Prix etc

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
another update - moving on to interior plastic/vinyl. a LOT of rain around here and humidity too high for spraying...it'll take a while to get everything in the right color, but I like how it's turned out.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's looking good, Ed.
Using the bedliner to help restore the texture is a good trick. I used an SEM product in a spray can that provided texture. It actually gave it a kind of coarse texture...but not like coarse sandpaper.
I used it on my tailgate panel. Some of nicks and gouges, I used a dab of plastic filler. I feathered out the areas and you can't tell that it was ever gouged or nicked.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It’s come along way from the hands of that woody character!
I couldn't agree with you more, Jose'.
The car couldn't have found a better owner.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor