Man! That looks MEAN! I love it!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The car looks great, Ed.
The color was a good choice. It goes nice with the Xtreme wheels. Neil did a nice job laying down the paint.
Thanks for the current update. I'll be looking forward to the interior upgrade segment.

Btw, what seats did you use?
I also want to tint my windows. Roughly, what's the going rate to do a wagon?

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Thanks Fellas, I appreciate it!

Jack - I'm either going to use some power seats I pulled from a '93 Olds 88 or manual seats I pulled from an '02 Sebring, haven't decided yet. Tinting the windows cost $220. it's something you should do...all that glass in the Florida summer sun makes it HOT inside, tinting eases that a bit. no car i've owned since i moved here 30yrs ago has been without it. well, i didn't tint any of the convertibles.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks, Ed,
Yeah, doing the tint has been on my to-do list for awhile now. ..and like you said, it does help to keep the inside of the car cooler...especially down here. These cars are like rolling greenhouses with all that glass. Besides, it does help protect the interior. I think what you quoted is pretty much the going rate down here.

I like the seats in your car currently. There are many choices out there. It's a matter of finding something that's somewhat compatible with your seat tracks.
I'm sure you'll do an update on that subject once you get into it.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
the seats I have came with the car and are in bad shape - they gotta go. they are split bench and I think, out of a Cadillac.
Sorry, they looked like bucket seats in the picture. I guess that was the seat that came with the car.

MW350

n00b
Sep 1, 2017
I've got an '83 as well, but mine is painted like a white and gold '78 hurst, with the matching wheels. The centers of the wheels are painted white, instead of gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor