Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ed,
I can relate to your frustration realigning the doors. You get all the gaps around the doors looking right, but the window frames and B-pillars are out of alignment... :wtf:
Blacking out the pillars and window frames will not make the gaps look as pronounced.

I did the best I could and just said "f#%k it" after a while.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Good old 1980s G-body build quality...

Excuse me while I go look at my panel gaps and cry myself to sleep.

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
motorheadmike said:
Good old 1980s G-body build quality...

Excuse me while I go look at my panel gaps and cry myself to sleep.

that's funny!

thanks fellas - I've made one more attempt on the pass. side, but the result was no better than what I had so, taking Jack's view of the situation, I went back to the 'medium' I had .....then cried myself sick. (literally, I've been on my back sick all day mon. and tues.) :blam:

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
here is video update #10

the fenders (inners, too) are hung, wiring has been finished and run, i've routed the vacum line. chased down a few wiring gremlins (poor grounds, of course). time to find out if i did it right and if this thing will light off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEgU-Xb ... zWtgChtBYg

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
another milestone - the car is on the ground and i'm driving it around..... and none of the parts have fallen off! all the work i've done on it you can only see if you crawl under it or if you open the hood; makes me wonder, at times, why i don't find a new hobby?! the plan is to drive the next few months and sort out anything that comes up....then start with the bodywork. that'll be a whole other can o' worms i'm sure. still, it's nice to be able to walk out, fire it up and go somewhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ro9lAm ... zWtgChtBYg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Lookin' good, Ed.
You've made a lot of progress on the car so far. I love the way it sits. I'll definitely have to lower mine 2" at least.
Keep up the good work!

EdontheBeach

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
thanks, jack! all encouragement at this point is very welcome!

i would re-think "lower mine 2" at least"...any lower and you are right at the inner wheel well and any lower at the rear puts you awfully close to the bump stops. as you see in the video, i'm thinking it might have been better to cut the front springs and just go 1" lower.....but, we'll see how i deal with it over the next few months. i intend for this to be my eventual driver and that 2 acre turning radius might not be the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor