HELP No fluid to rear brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
I'm probably going to have to deal with it twice, once with the Monte and very soon with my S-10. Anyone have pictures of the prop valve tool mentioned above??

Nick

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm probably going to have to deal with it twice, once with the Monte and very soon with my S-10. Anyone have pictures of the prop valve tool mentioned above??

Nick
tool
1657668192296.png

Usage
1657668217417.png

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Guessing you still have air in your master, and you're not pushing fluid out of the master. Try cracking the lines right at the master, just like you would bleed each wheel. Have someone press down, crack the line, drips out, close it, let off pedal, repeat several times. You can usually tell once the air is out of the master. Move on down the system and repeat the process at the proportioning valve, then each wheel.

Reactions: 3 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Okay so no fluid to the rear still, (some but very slight) got the tool in last week and installed it. For anyone else that didnt know this tool existed here it is and how its installed.
valve tool.jpg
valve.jpg
installed valve.jpg

So now im going through my valve to make sure it isn't the problem. I have another one on order just in case because it seems like im getting fluid down to it fine just not out of it. It will weep a little occasionally. However at least now i have the tool to make sure i don't trip the valve again.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
You may be on the right track with that combination valve. The aftermarket ones are Notorious for being problematic, not just in the g-body world. Good luck keep us informed

Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
I've bled many of them and never used that tool. Pedal down slow, not fast, to move fluid into the rear, and it works fine.
I had never even heard of the tool and have bled the brakes on tons of gbodys in the past. Never had an issue until now. But we will see after i get the new proportioning valve in or take apart the current one to see if its stuck. I've heard before that the little rod inside can break and cause them to stick even just being shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor