No guages 85 monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
OK so I just checked the grounds under the hood and the only one I found was the engine grounded to the battery that's it no engine to frame or body

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The battery cable should be grounded to the fender and the block (sometimes- alternator bracket). Then there should b a braided ground strap from the engine block to the firewall.

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
The ground is from the alternator bracket to batt no strap to the firewall the first one I checked for was engine to firewall

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
I have a new batt to starter ground cable new in the package I can use that for engine to firewall no?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You can, but it's a tad overkill. The factory is about 10ga.,same with the battery to the fender- the little pigtail that's usually molded into the terminal with a yellow butt connector on it.....

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
So with the engine not being properly grounded would only effect my temp sender because it uses the engine to ground it self right? And is there a ground coming from the wires that were cut for the fuel sending unit?

PaulB1965

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2019
I have a 84 Hurst , my gauges are all over the place . The tack reads way high , the speedo way low , alt, water , and fuel way off , thank goodness the oil pressure gauge works

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor