No Power To Starter Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

YungFlip43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2018
1 of the fusible links powers the high speed blower relay and part of the ignition switch; the other is the ignition switch, and all appear as red 12ga. wires at the ignition switch. There is a 3rd for the alternator charge sometimes. Drop the dash, and use your test light at the ignition switch; it's easier that crawling under the car to check fusible links.
That's the next move. Man iAsked someone what the cable from the passenger side attached to one of the fusible links went to (thinking it was for hvac), and they told me someone put that there for an aftermarket ignition box or something hahahaha. iKnew better and glad I spliced it back in.

YungFlip43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2018
Just changed the ignition switch. iGot power to starter wire now. Still nothin in ACC. But oh well. iCan try to test start now.

Reactions: 1 user

YungFlip43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2018
I’ll check again. Just wanted to update everyone and at least let y’all know what happened. Still didn’t start at 1st. But think that was a ground issue. Lol got it crank and got reminded iHad the headers taped up 😱😱😱.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Just changed the ignition switch. iGot power to starter wire now. Still nothin in ACC. But oh well. iCan try to test start now.
I’ll check again. Just wanted to update everyone and at least let y’all know what happened. Still didn’t start at 1st. But think that was a ground issue. Lol got it crank and got reminded iHad the headers taped up 😱😱😱.
Dawg, why do your sentences and words have "iXXXX...". Are you an Apple spybot?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

YungFlip43

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2018
Dawg, why do your sentences and words have "iXXXX...". Are you an Apple spybot?
Just started doin it one day a long time ago. Apparently the internet is really weirded out by this. Guess my friends are used to me doin it so it doesn’t cross my mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor