?? no timing tabs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I have a 1980 Malibu with a 305/TH350 with quadrajet, air, and power steering. It's all original (got if from an old lady for cheap :)), and I went to check the timing and couldn't find a timing tab anywhere. Is it hidden or did they not put them on these cars (I can't see it being that)?

bluebronco69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
yea i cant find a tab on the 88 monte carlso ss we are working on either, but everyone claims it should be there....

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
my 78 had one of the original 305

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Some SBC's have a bolt on timing tab that installs in 2 of the timing cover bolts with the cover and is not welded on. I have such a tab on mine and it was originally a MR Gasket chrome piece that I have since sanded the chrome off of and painted black with a white line at the 0 mark. I think it is a 1970's thing ( my engine is built from a 1977 block of indeterminate origin), so you may wish to look at old pickups. Alternately, just buy one from Mr. Gasket.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Found it. It's on the top, so just look down through the water pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor