Non obvious coolant leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnson350

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2013
Florida, USA
Had the same problem for a while, non obvious coolant leak. It was a VERY slow leak, but I would fill the reservoir up once every two weeks.

Up until about a month ago, the car started leaking like a river was flowing out of the engine. Timing chain cover gasket had blown out where the coolant passages run on the driver side. It was hard to find until I peeked underneath to find a soaking wet cross member.

I had to remove just about all the accessories just to get to it. Replaced the gasket on the cover and no more leak, also used Permatex #2 on the gasket. Engine also runs much cooler it seems.

pacman350

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2012
monticello, Ga
You may need to check your heater core cause it might be leaking. I recently just bypassed mine because it was leaking. But the water was not leaking into the car it way actually leaking at the seam where the heater box bolts to the firewall. How i found it was one night i was checking mytrans fluid and heard a small hiss and seen a small puff of white smoke and thats when i realized what it was. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor