Oem or illegal looks like I need to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
hey ontario friends what your thought on the oem or illegal bill? Would it affect us with modifying our cars or no? I know a lot of people who are putting there cars away due to the big mto checks going around kW recently. Any good places to live in the states? :p

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
It's just like I said in the 'autonomous car' thread that got shut down there is nowhere to hide and these are tomorrow's horses. Expect to see more laws sidelining thousands of cars to garages and the scrap pile soon. Familiarize yourself with an equestrian so you can mentally prepare for the degree of invasion of privacy agriculture is already experiencing. You will not be going to work without big brother knowing about it unless you are ready to fight for that there isn't anywhere to run and hide. When you're three moves from checkmate and realize you can't possibly win the game it's too late to start 'looking for a place to hide' your last few pieces on the board. It won't be too long before some fake engineered crisis is used to propose banning cars without chips (odbII and up) from the road entirely, watch.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Take it from James May on Top Gear he knows something we don't "in the future people will only 'drive' [sports cars] Ferarris" Yes he really said that.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
hey ontario friends what your thought on the oem or illegal bill? Would it affect us with modifying our cars or no? I know a lot of people who are putting there cars away due to the big mto checks going around kW recently. Any good places to live in the states? :p
That sucks man! Kentucky is nice, all the seasons, no snuff tests or restrictions on modified rides. Not to mention a sh*t ton of badass muscle cars, car shows, gearheads galore....especially here in Louisville.
Scott

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I haven't heard of any blitz happening. MTO have spot checks for trucks but I have never seen them go after cars.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Move to Minnesota, you'll blend right in!
Highest number of classic cars per capita in the US.
No inspections, no emissions testing. Though our taxes are among the highest in the nation...
The Twin Cities just got named the best place to live in the US!
sh*t most Americans think Minnesota is part of Canada anyways lol

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction Jeremy.... Attached is the "guidline" for the MTO. You will notice of course the mention multiple times of "Operate as Intended" and " OEM- Standard". The things listed that I see in there are already illegal, it just puts the guideline out there in clear English for all to read. I have no fear nor do I know of anyone at all pulling their vehicle off the road because of this

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/trucks/pdfs/passenger-light-duty-vehicle-inspection-standard.pdf

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
No emissions test in 2/3 Indiana or better but how long will it last? The political climate right now is stasi. $4 a gallon or worse could be coming soon when the fake 'price war' collapses, if they get what they want (price gougers lol). It's all just a 'virtual machine' designed to force you into participating in the economy (buying a newer car you can't afford) and these type of laws make it inconvenient to buy a used car. It used to be 45-50% of all the business going on in my town was used cars / automotive now it is probably less than %20 incoming laws propose making it extremely inconvenient to buy anything used. I can easily imagine a future wherein cars without odb become banned from highways and 'g-bodys' and 'town cars' and anything oldschool are 'stuck' on the backroads / private property. SEMA is doomed. In the public schools some teachers are already putting it in kids heads to think negatively about people who own older vehicles as possibly being involved in crime or drugs etc. I recently had a conversation with a young kid in my neighborhood who told me he was taught this in school and I couldn't believe it I mean it got me really heated to hear him repeating what the teacher had said and this is 3rd hand / second hand quote at best but the just of it was 'anyone who would drive a 'financially unsustainable' vehicle is 'hurting the environment' and should be suspected of possibly being a criminal, drug addict, or anti gov mil type of person who is 'trying to avoid tracking technology' and the teacher told the class 'anyone who would drive a vehicle that gets less than 17 mpg is probably mentally ill, stupid, or both' to be honest I would probably not believe the kid if he hadn't used the word 'unsustainable' wake up folks, have you been hearing that word a lot lately everywhere else. It doesn't matter whether it's 5 days 5 weeks 5 months there are definitely a large amount of the populace who want to see stricter inspections and obsolete technology banned from the highway you can believe it or continue living in denial the choice is yours. I don't know about YOU but the Cutlass was about the last place I had left to have a real 'private conversation' anymore if that doesn't 'bug' you I found the 'bug' in my 93 fleetwood (do not remove under penalty of federal law $5,000 fine or 5 in prison) but these days the car is wearing a wire from the factory and guess what not only is it a crime to remove it too (technically) they car won't even start without it anymore.

When you see a stock ss, hurst / 442, GN, GNX, those will probably all be fine they already have protections no matter how high mileage as 'classic cars' designee but anything high mileage is about to get the chop they wont consider these 'classic cars' unless its close to original / stock and very nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor