Oil and gunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

KapPartier

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2012
Atlanta, GA
What can I use to get all that old oil and gunk from the bottom of my engine. Whats the best thing to use to clean it off. At a cheap price of course

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
kerosene :mrgreen:

... or just some good industrial purple degreaser :idea:

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Kerosene and a putty knife. Seriously.

KapPartier

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Where can I get kerosene from

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
At Napa, ask Ritter for a few samples.. :mrgreen:

the kerosene does work though and it's cheaper

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
You can get kerosene at most gas stations. Well at least in Michigan you can. You could also go to a hardware store and pick up mineral spirits but that will be much more expensive.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The other thing you could do is go to a do it yourself car wash place and they usually have an engine cleaner option that you could spray the underside with and even if they don't the high power water should help you get off the worst and leave you with an easier job to clean the rest off...

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
PURPLE POWER!! Spray it and let it soak then take it to the car wash or get a pressure washer, Just don't get it on your hands, Crap works awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor