Oil pressure switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricane

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2009
Athabasca , Alberta Canada
Hi everyone, I just finished my 383 install and now when I start the car my oil pressure gauge in the car is showing maxed out, anybody know why? It didn't do this before the swap, it was normal.
Please help me with this issue. Thanks

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Are we taking about the stock gauge?

hurricane

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2009
liquidh8 said:
Are we taking about the stock gauge?
Yes this is the stock gauge

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
Did you use pipe dope or pipe thread tape on the threads, if you did you need to remove it as the sensor uses the steel case as the ground, that is why it works with only one wire.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Maybe your 383 just has alot more oil pressure than your old engine did.

84cutty24

Apprentice
Jul 9, 2011
PHOENIX ARIZONA
Make sure you have the correct psi valve. Maybe thats why it reads too high.t :?:

hurricane

Apprentice
Sep 6, 2009
jociha said:
Did you use pipe dope or pipe thread tape on the threads, if you did you need to remove it as the sensor uses the steel case as the ground, that is why it works with only one wire.
Yes I did use Teflon tape on the threads of the sensor, so it not being able to ground makes perfect sence

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor