Ok I give, what's the trick to getting the shifter cable installed and then to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Here is the measurement of the cable eyelet when the shifter is pulled fully rearwards for LOW
hurstshifter8.jpg

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
To conclude this cable issue.........the problem was just as 84 W40 Member said.............no matter what the website said is the right cable,
when it won't fit, IT WON'T FIT. There was no way I was going to get the travel through any adjustments suggested by others.
The CA-1102 and the CA-1150 are the WRONG cables for the Hurst Dual Gate.,

The correct cable is ATP-Y116.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

The Pioneer cables Ca-1102 and CA -1150 both were priced from $30 to $45.

The ATP cable I purchased through Summit for $17.

I installed it and found the eyelets to be the correct size for the anchor pins..........The Pioneer cables needed drilled out a tiny bit,(n)

The cable once anchored left the eyelets exactly positioned to where Park was easy to place on the shifter AND the transmission lever.:)

All gears are now available and the operation is smooth.:banana:

BLESS Member 84 W40 for his offering.......:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:....and the answer to this issue.(y):cool:

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Same cable is 10 bucks on Rockauto. It's kind of funny because according to the cross-reference charts, the Pioneer CA1102 is supposed to be the same cable as the Y116. And neither one correspond to GM's dual gate cable number. GO FIGURE! Poor bastards using ATP Y116 for their regular Cutlass shifters are cursing like a **** about them not fitting....

But, there you go, kids. This is exactly what happens when you are stuck with having to deal with aftermarket "non" fitment issues. Several days of garbage grabbing and tweaking a POS aftermarket Chinesium part and all it does is teach you new ways to say "MOTHER F****" . It's a situation I'll likely and luckily never have to face. I got a handful of all the GM cables needed for all my cars.

ATP-Y116 is something to put away for knowledge base.

Reactions: 1 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Same cable is 10 bucks on Rockauto.

Wow you just couldn't let me have this moment....:doh:.........I bet you put the "FUN" in funerals..........................

AND I didn't pay for shipping with Summit...........and Rockauto makes you pay........so weiner weiner chicken dinner I WIN.:friday:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Wow. All I ever did was try to help you in your car adventure. I see you have surpassed the need of any further help from me. Good luck with your car, sir. Over and out.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Wow. All I ever did was try to help you in your car adventure. I see you have surpassed the need of any further help from me. Good luck with your car, sir. Over and out.

Come on......................I was just kidding with you..................I just shared with another forum member what a great help you are.........
seriously that post was ALL in jest.......................

I thought I was being funny but I guess I missed the mark.................Sorry, I APOLOGIZE

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Come on......................I was just kidding with you..................I just shared with another forum member what a great help you are.........
seriously that post was ALL in jest.......................

I thought I was being funny but I guess I missed the mark.................Sorry, I APOLOGIZE
To quote Captain Hook, 'Good form!'
You're not the only one who has mis-gauged an exchange.

James Hannigan

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2018
O-HI-O
I just received the Pioneer. CA-1150 for my Hurst Olds 1979. I hooked the two eyelets up, one to the trans lever, and one to the shifter lever and
thought peas of cake.

Well, the shifter will not go past neutral. I wont force it. When I'm down at the transmission lever, the transmission lever
runs through all gears but the cable does not give enough travel at that end to allow it to go through all the gears.

Go up and try the shifter, stops at neautral. What the.....................

No adjusting nuts so nothing to adjust. What's the deal................?????????????????? I am beaten........:notworthy: My confidence in figuring things out
on my own is beginning to grow very thin..........:unsure:

I had the same issue ended up just removing old shifter all together and replacing with B&M Z-Gate and B&M cable. Problem solved....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor