Old style power lock relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I passed on a few of these in the box in a parts lot a few weeks back. Lot could have been had for $60....I could have got my money back and then some for the unobtainium these relays are made out of. :blam:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It took me hours to figure this out years ago without a wiring diagram for the factory relay. Solving this is what got me interested in electrical in the first place
Well, that's a bonus. Electrical stuff to me is "the Dark Side". I always amaze myself whenever I rewire something and don't let any of the smoke out. :)

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yeah...see why I'm kicking myself for not snagging that handful of relays in that lot of parts when I could? I already have a new one, so I wasn't keen on getting more. Now I wish I would have. It's not like they die every day. They're pretty sturdy.

Anyway, if the relay is actually toast, just remove the bracket on there, get those relays that have the screw hole tab on them and mount them on the end of the bracket and bolt bracket back into place. It'll still hold the relays and you simply wire them as needed to make them work with the circuit as Dayzedandkonfuzed was talking about.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor