Old style power lock relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Looking around at getting some pieces parts, it looks like I can make a "plug and play" setup. I can get the male connectors for the existing car plugs, and wire them into the relay sockets. Pop the relays on, mount it up where it needs to be and off we go! No cutting, no splicing. It'll just look different. Good thing is if either/both relays shiit the bed, pop them out and replace them Johnny on the Spot. Boom.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks for all the help y’all and great suggestions I’ll have to double check those wires and if not see if I can’t use those diagrams to replace with my own relays thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Yea it’s bolted via one screw behind the passenger kick panel then there is almost like a second kick panel that connects to the plastic door trim and then you have to pop the insulation loose to see it I’m not sure if I’m overly cautious but I made to to unplug it before unbolting because it grounds via the case and bolt

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Well found the problem with my relay it seems somehow the windings of the relay that is connected to I believe the input signal of the lock broke the connection the copper wire broke somehow so I’m thinking if I can reconnect it my relay will be good to go.

Hopefully I am right we shall see

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Well found the problem with my relay it seems somehow the windings of the relay that is connected to I believe the input signal of the lock broke the connection the copper wire broke somehow so I’m thinking if I can reconnect it my relay will be good to go.

Hopefully I am right we shall see

543df8f7356d9d349f0e8d42e5909200.jpg

Whoops forgot the picture

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
ecdea7cf594b14ff44a9560164d5a784.jpg
And there is my fix fingers crossed this actually works because my equipment is subpar and anytime I try to sotter I just end up dripping liquid metal everywhere but where I want it. So hopefully this works and word of warning that copper wire doesn’t take much pressure to accidentally break pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor