Olds 307 emissions crap removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Maybe he meant 6 or 7 hp? I sure hope so. My 5A 307's were always adequate power wise but were plain gutless compared to my 350/403.

TheBandit203

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2012
Did some more research and it lead me right here nobody has a very in depth how to on this subject.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
TheBandit203 said:
Did some more research and it lead me right here nobody has a very in depth how to on this subject.

Old threads that pre date this one lead you to here? You're computer must reside in the twilight zone....

So what exactly do you need to know? What engine do you have? What year? Are you running on the computer or not? Do you have emissions testing in your area? What are you trying to accomplish? Give more info!

Here's my info on what you can delete if keeping the CCC system; viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26382&p=204201&hilit=+egr+solenoid#p204201

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
He definately meant 6 or 7 horsepower...... didn't he?????

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Chris Van said:
He definately meant 6 or 7 horsepower...... didn't he?????

If he did, he made 2 typos in a row by adding a '0' after the 6 and the 7, so being a typo seems unlikely IMO.

TheBandit203

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2012
DoubleV said:
TheBandit203 said:

Old threads that pre date this one lead you to here? You're computer must reside in the twilight zone....

So what exactly do you need to know? What engine do you have? What year? Are you running on the computer or not? Do you have emissions testing in your area? What are you trying to accomplish? Give more info!

Here's my info on what you can delete if keeping the CCC system; viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26382&p=204201&hilit=+egr+solenoid#p204201

Ok I have an 86 Buick regal limited unmolested, with 69,000 original miles just wanted to step it up a little bit. No emission for cars 25 years and older. 307 V8

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
TheBandit203 said:
DoubleV said:
TheBandit203 said:

Ok I have an 86 Buick regal limited unmolested, with 69,000 original miles just wanted to step it up a little bit. No emission for cars 25 years and older. 307 V8

Since your car is unmolested and you made no mention of removing the CCC system ( which is a wise choice IMO ), then everything you need to know is in that link I provided.

DeltaDevil88

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2011
Dallas,TX
LOL this thread just keeps staying alive, alot of noobs (including myself) usually first cheap mods are emissions removal its free and easy plus a added 5-6 HP is cool.

@ DoubleV why have you been hiding that link for so long??? Its well done and easy to follow!!! Would add it to page 1.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
DeltaDevil88 said:
@ DoubleV why have you been hiding that link for so long???

Because others provided links that I assumed already answered your question about general emissions removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor