Olds Lives Matter! Fun starts on page 13 (was: Am I Selling Out… or Buying In?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Late to the conversation, but:
"Why do we do what we do? As in what exactly are we after in the most primitive sense? And does it really matter how we attain it?"

Sounds like what you really want is one of the most badass cars on the block, you want it now, you want to be proud to be associated with it, and you want to wield it bravely.
You don't want to hide behind it like it's a social aid, or hold it over others like metaphorical superiority.

Only a small portion of this objective (albeit an important one) is fulfilled by the Hellcat. It's new, it's faster than fast, and it's ready to party.
What's left for you to do is own it. Own your ownership. Protect the joy that can come from it.

"Comparison is the thief of joy."

Comparison is the only reason your first post was anything longer than "Hey, guys, I bought a Hellcat."
Social division is one of humanity's signatures, and it's a clear and present hurdle in the car hobby. Domestic vs import, new vs old, budget vs expensive, built vs bought. We all pick sides.
But we all forget that all we're after is something that looks sharp and moves fast. And we're all part of every sporty car's target audience whether we accept the car or not.
You've grown to accept the car, and you've decided that you're able to afford it. Now just let yourself enjoy it.

No matter how "slow" the Monte ends up, it's still gonna look damn good. And no matter what others say, the Hellcat's gonna be as fast as the name implies. You've got family, you've got a life to live, and you don't need to clear any of that with us. I think most of us get so caught up dreaming up the exotic future that we forget about the present.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on a personal note, I envy you. The Challenger is my favorite of the Neo Ponycars. And it brings me great joy to know that someone is going to give the platform a proper flogging in an autocross format. Every time I've run with a Challenger at Tire Rack, I've beaten it with my slapped together 216hp Buick Regal.
That. Should. Not. Happen.
So be sure to show 'em how it's done, Mike.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 users

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Michael,

You have done the math for the financials. Decided this purchase won't deprive your precious wife and children of anything.

You're certain the premium unleaded this beast is drinking will eliminate any need for E.D. medication going forward.

Your other projects will still be there waiting for you when the desire to engineer something comes this winter.

Write the cheque.

If buyers' remorse sets in later, so what. You'll take it in the *ss a little but you'll have miles of smiles to show for it.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
41 going on 50 o_O:doh: Holy crap! I sure hope that isn't the end. I'm 52 and feel I have a lot more in me.🖕. I do love those cars and the performace of everything these days is phenomenal👍. Heck my v6 can out run most cars from the 60s. I have contemplated doing the same thing.
ENOJOY and burn a set of tire for me. :banana::banana:

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Just went on a 8oo mi. trip in the Super Snake and got over 20 miles a US gal. with a 800 + hp. Of course I let the wife drive. New muscle is good. Enjoy yours.:cool:

Attachments

• AJZ9lATCYlVU1zLH8cp7TjGMl9gYzZDLtuQqsRSagorULl5hkZwcWmzYR_F7_I83-XkYRJP7JprKAR-aq0TF6C8lNDm8DH...jpg
    AJZ9lATCYlVU1zLH8cp7TjGMl9gYzZDLtuQqsRSagorULl5hkZwcWmzYR_F7_I83-XkYRJP7JprKAR-aq0TF6C8lNDm8DH...jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 20180611_100629.jpg
    20180611_100629.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor