olds spec small block chevy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monstermouse84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
i am looking to build a small block chevy engine with olds engine bore and stroke specs. would like to know any bore and stroke combos (and CID) of any and all olds small blocks. Input is appreciated!

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
why? just stroke it to a 383 and keep it chevy. less headache

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
Olds and Chevy motors are completely different. If you want an Olds motor, built one. It will be substantially less expensive to do that than to build a custom crank, pistons, and rods to turn a Chevy into an Olds. Keep in mind that not only are the bore and stroke different, the deck height and bore spacing are different. You might as well be trying to build a Ford motor to Oldsmobile dimensions - it will be the same amount of work.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Edelbrock just redid their Olds RPM head, fast burn chamber and better flow. Just add these heads and RPM intake and build accordingly. A sbc will still look and behave like a sbc, no matter what is on the inside. Even adding the cheesy rocket valve covers is just stupid. The Olds "small" block is considerably wider, which means wider intake and more torque production. They also have a flat valve angle and are just plain all around different.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
olds307 and 403 said:
The Olds "small" block is considerably wider, which means wider intake and more torque production.
:?: :?: :?:

Huh?

monstermouse84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
thanks for the tips. as to why i would want to do it-you askin that question is the exact reason. I want somethin that hasnt been done before. i would like to put an olds 403 in my 84 cutlass but find someone willing to sell one for relatively cheap. also im not buildin a 350 chevy im lookin hard at the 400. and another reason is that im not usin edelbrock heads. im usin AFR 227 or 235 (which flow great but dont bolt to olds, apparently). all i really wanted was bore and stroke numbers so i can plug it in to my desktop dyno to see whats possible. its not definite plan to build it to olds spec just wana fart around with the numbers.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
I have a 403 for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor