Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken wire or relay? If it is the pump, what pump did you use? I don't want one of those. It didn't last very long. Probably not the pump because they always seem to go bad with a full tank.

• Agree
Reactions: Texas82GP
No bueno! Guess the fuel pump took a sizzle dizzle?
Possibly. Need to verify J.U.Ice, first. Not tonight (I don't think, maybe). I may get bored later.
Broken wire or relay? If it is the pump, what pump did you use? I don't want one of those. It didn't last very long. Probably not the pump because they always seem to go bad with a full tank.
It is a Carquest pump. My mechanic friend warned me. (Un?)Fortunately, I have a spare from troubleshooting the initial build, but it's still a Carquest.

Dang it!!! It started. Now, I can't troubleshoot it! 30 psi seems low, though. Should I do a preemptive strike and replace the pump? I don't want to get stranded again. GRRRRRR!
20190726_210223.jpg
Found my build sheets. Can't believe I missed them the first time I had the seat out.
20190726_210837.jpg

Yeah, given the broke then not time of day, I'd suspect heat related nonsense. Got a heat gun? Just heat, not close enough for explosions!

But, you knew that . . .
I even had a heat related "cold" solder joint except it was a crap crimp that lost connection when hot . . . that freakin took forever to find! :doh:

I wonder if the pump or relay is getting hot and shutting down?

Back when I was a tech at a Volvo dealer, the 240’s were notorious for this. First two things we’d check when it came in on a hook were the t-belt and fuel pump relay... since yours isn’t run by a rubber band.....

Reactions: Texas82GP
When it broke down did you bang on the tank at all ?

That will usually "unstick" the pump.

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd and Clutch
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor