Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) put exhaust gases, via a valve, into the intake. The middle pic is the pipe plug in the intake, also in the middle of the frame. I took the whole thing off, and plugged the exhaust ant intake manifold holes.

If it happened WOT or close to it, it ain't the EGR unless it's sticking open. Sounds like an excellent excuse for an L67 top swap. 😎

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If it happened WOT or close to it, it ain't the EGR unless it's sticking open. Sounds like an excellent excuse for an L67 top swap. 😎
Yeah, go back and read my story. It was WOT, 100% TPS ,but triggered at 5000rpmish. I'd do a supercharger if it would run on pump pi$$.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yeah, go back and read my story. It was WOT, 100% TPS ,but triggered at 5000rpmish. I'd do a supercharger if it would run on pump pi$$.

It will if you pull timing, and I fingered you were in it good and hard so to speak at that speed. My 1500 has a 4000+ RPM misfire that won't really point me in any specific direction even looking at data. I suspect the parts cannon is the only answer. Either that or keep living with it like I have been.

• Indifferent
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Current state- trying to get the AC working
20210626_022411.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor