Shelby,N.C.
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
EGR valve
20210612_154603.jpg 20210612_170801.jpg 20210612_173355.jpg
I ordered some block off plates from Amazon that were too small. I poked around the webz, and nothing looked like a match. I had a pack of cheese ball, Mr. Gasket pipe plugs on the shelf, so I borrowed a tap from neighbor Jimmy and sent it. Hopefully, the check engine light stays out, as ZZP was spoda do that in their "Stage 1" tune. The reason for this is the huge crack in the EGR manifold, should be visible in the pic. I could feel hot air with my finger. Last weekend, I mashed the throttle coming out of a traffic jam. It was right at the top of 1st for a downshift, it decided that the rev limiter wasn't necessary at the time, and it let out a tink, tink, tink! Then, the CEL started sending me Morse code. It was a P301 misfire, so I figured it was the huge exhaust leak.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have the same scanner! I'd be swapping injectors, then coils, etc to see what makes the problem move to another cylinder.
I know it's not (or shouldn't be) the coil because wasted spark. If the coil was bad, it should have 2 misfires, no? There are 3 coils for 6 cylinders.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I know it's not (or shouldn't be) the coil because wasted spark. If the coil was bad, it should have 2 misfires, no? There are 3 coils for 6 cylinders.

Oh, the pig. I was thinking your truck. Yeah I'd lead with the injector then unless you roached a plug wire or semi fouled a plug? For some reason I thought I was in the non G thread.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Maybe it burned the plug from the EGR exhaust leak? I've been meaning to submit that to Engine Masters: does running no exhaust really burn valves? That could be, too. There are some funny noises emitting from that corner.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
You might throw a NOID light on that fuel injector plug and make sure it is still getting voltage, as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor