Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Well, the MAP sensor came in. I got the mid pipe cut off, muffler out, and readjusted the y-pipe. Also got the ground strap to the starter on. I decided to throw another coat of resin over the dick patch on the heaterbox, so I can't start it until that cures enough for paint.
Ain't it funny how you come up with excuses when you're skeered? At least I dropped the return to Summit off at the Post Office. Hopefully, it runs and I can put gears in next weekend. I'll drop the mid-pipe off tomorrow on the way home from work. That's getting bent out of 2.5" for the F-body muffler, so I can have the duals behind the rear wheels some of you hate so much. :p (I like'em!)

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
IT RUNS!!!!!!!
And, has oil pressure!:banana::banana::banana::banana:
20180314_195938.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I think he wants to make sure it will hold together first. I hope the gearing makes a big difference, it should. I am trying to keep the 2.78 gears in my 70S, hard with the way it is performing. I just added a TH350C to drop another 300 RPM on the highway. Well does it suck with the stock stall, just a dog off the line. With the better first gear and 2300 flash stall converter in the 2004R, it would roast the tires with ease. I think a Hughes 2500 stall lock up converter will go in a some point. What does the factory 4L60E converter stall at behind the mighty 3800?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I think he wants to make sure it will hold together first. I hope the gearing makes a big difference, it should. I am trying to keep the 2.78 gears in my 70S, hard with the way it is performing. I just added a TH350C to drop another 300 RPM on the highway. Well does it suck with the stock stall, just a dog off the line. With the better first gear and 2300 flash stall converter in the 2004R, it would roast the tires with ease. I think a Hughes 2500 stall lock up converter will go in a some point. What does the factory 4L60E converter stall at behind the mighty 3800?
That's an interesting question, so I stuck it in the Google machine. The only thing I found was a Transmaxx on Rock that lists "medium stall speed", WETF that means.:rofl: It's the same converter for 3.08 or 3.42 gears on the AC part number.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm not saying put it on or anything but perhaps give it just a little bit of no2.......just to see if it likes it lol

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor