opinions and pics wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty joe

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2006
405 okc
i was just thinkin, maybe paintin it the factory color. so, anybody have any pics of the 1979 pontiac paint code 21??? i think it is called light blue metallic. i think that would be pretty cool. same factory color and everything but with a big nasty motor

fryer1979

Apprentice
Oct 10, 2007
The Sticks, Ca.
while I agree largley with '85cutlass on this, I am a huge supporter of flat black. I painted my 1979 Camaro flat black when I first started driving it 7 years ago, and through a few redos (it is a rattle-can job after all), it is still flat black. I just can't get away from it. Stock appearing paint would be good to keep you a little under the laws eyes, even though that cowl hood screams "look at me". When I begin my Regal build, I am lookin to keep it a stock white paint job, just to keep the attention low. Sorry guys, bu the grandma trim has got to go though, to me it just hurts the eyes.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
What about carasoul red? It's a factory pontiac color. It's the orange on the '69 judge.

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
Not saying my idea is original just a differentiation of the h/o paint job but i did gun metal gray on top and a black mica on bottom, turned out dead gorgeous. In my opinion darker colors look better, i wanted to do a candy orange and black at first but my friend stole the idea for his truck so i went with this

csccbooth.jpg

dirty joe

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2006
405 okc
yeah, that car looks good!!! you have any more pics of it? that is kind of what i was thinkin. a black on bottom, and a gray/silver on top. the dividing line on the body line just below the windows. thanks, joe

dirty joe

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2006
405 okc
that link says something about having a restricted access so i cant view it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor